I was amazed, delighted, astounded and elated to have been nominated by the lovely Jenny Pugh for a Versatile Blogger Award. Now that I have had a little lie down and gotten over the shock I can write this post telling you all how thrilled I am. I love working on Nostalgia Pie; I’m constantly trying to think of new ways to improve it and make it better and it seems that all the effort is paying off. Nostalgia Pie is one of my happy places so I’m thrilled that people – other than myself – are enjoying this blog too. Although I started this blog more than a year ago, I’ve only really been working on it seriously since the beginning of this year so it’s still early days for me. I’ve already received lots of extremely nice comments so I know I must be doing something right!
OK, according to VBA nomination rules there are certain things I need to do, including:
1. Thank the person who nominated me.
Many, many thanks to the delightful Jenny Pugh. She is an extremely talented blogger and I enjoy her blog The World Of Jenny Pugh immensely. I’m glad that Jenny’s back and doing what she does best. Thanks a million Jenny. For me, this is the equivalent of a Grammy award – but for blogs!
2. Include a link to their blog.
Here it is:
The World Of Jenny Pugh http://littlemisschocchoc.wordpress.com/
3. Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award:
It was hard to choose from as all the blogs I follow are very entertaining and informative. However, I selected these 15 because I think these blogs are totally awesome and also the bloggers are people who really seem to appreciate their followers. The nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- The How To Like Football Blog http://howtolikefootball.wordpress.com/
- Homesick and Heatstruck http://homesickandheatstruck.com/
- Motherhood Is An Art http://motherhoodisanart.com/
- Here Is Andrea http://hereisandrea.wordpress.com/
- Rarasaur http://rarasaur.wordpress.com/
- geakagwu http://geakagwu.wordpress.com/
- Pretty Fantasmagorical http://prettyfantasmagorical.com/
- Sips Of Jen And Tonic http://sipsofjenandtonic.com/
- Fresh From Oregon http://freshfromoregon.com/
- Flux And Flow http://kuuleilani.wordpress.com/
- Mama.PJ http://mamapjblog.com/
- This Is 40 http://sothisisforty.wordpress.com/
- The Chocolate Bottle http://chocolatebottle.wordpress.com/
- Music Junkie Press http://musicjunkiepress.wordpress.com/
- The World Of Jenny Pugh http://littlemisschocchoc.wordpress.com/
Yes, I know the last one has already nominated me but had she not beaten me to it, I would have nominated Jenny Pugh anyway!
4. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
OK, Jenny – and everyone else:
- One of my fave drinks is Pimm’s and lemonade.
- I love Thai, Indian, Malaysian, Italian and Caribbean cuisines.
- I would love to visit Australia – a future ambition.
- Marrying my husband and working at the English language college where I currently work are the best two things I ever did.
- A few years ago, I had an obsession with Brazil.
- My family are a mix of many different nationalities: British, American, Indian, Singaporean, Malaysian. Mexican, Hungarian, Scottish, Irish, Italian, Slovakian… I think I’ve covered everything. We are a mini UN and perhaps could even hold our own World Cup tournament!
- Christmas and New year are my two fave times of the year.
I think that’s everything. So thanks Jenny and thanks everyone for following this blog. I hope you will continue to enjoy it! xx